If you are Irish Tax resident in Ireland, and spend at least 30 days working in certain countries, you may be able to claim FED. €35,000 is the maximum deduction you can claim is against your Irish taxable income from the employment concerned.

To claim the correct deduction, you must completely understand what qualifies as a day abroad and how to determine your taxable income.

Records relating to all claims must be retained for 6 years in case of a Revenue query.

You can use the Paylesstax online tax return system to complete you tax return claim form

To apply for FED relief, you must write to Revenue with a declaration from your employer stating;

  • The dates of departure and return
  • The locations you worked abroad


Allowable Days

Assuming the 40% tax rate applies
Pay For Income Tax

Deduction Amount

Don’t make assumptions. Get a Tax Expert on your side

– Only €200/hr + VAT

C. Maxwell & Associates Ltd can provide an in-depth answer to any tax questions you have may have.

    Your Name*

    Your Email*

    Give us some details of your issue...