Changing Jobs

When you leave your old job you should be given a form P45. This is a very important document. You give the P45 to your new employer who will then continue to operate PAYE in the normal manner and allow you your normal tax credits when calculating the tax you must pay.
The form P45 is also used by the Tax Office to track your change of employment and to issue new Tax Credit Certificates in your new employer’s name.