Tax Credit Certificates – How Do I Get One?

Once you are in the system they are issued automatically by the Tax Office each year.

When you start work for the first time you will have to complete an application form 12A for a Tax Credit Certificate available from your local Tax Office.

You will need your Employers PAYE registered number and your own personal tax PPS number. You declare your circumstances on the form, e.g. married or single, and what special tax claims if any that you are entitled to.

The Tax Office then issue a Tax Credit certificate based on the information provided to them and your employer uses this certificate to calculate the PAYE deduction from your salary.

The tax credit certificate is a very important document.